The Chronicle of Higher Education has a special feature on the funding (or lack of) for the nation’s public colleges and universities. A must read.
- An Era of Neglect: How public colleges were crowded out, beaten up, and failed to fight back. By Karin Fischer and Jack Stripling.
- From Public Good to Private Good: How higher education got to a tipping point. By Sara Hebel.
- Equalizers No More: Politics thwart colleges’ role in upward mobility. By Suzanne Mettler.
- 25 Years of Declining State Support for Public Colleges.
- Who Pays for Higher Education.